In the digital world we live, the first place many people will come in contact with you and your business is your website, right?
Wrong. We spends hundreds of dollars and hours creating the perfect website – one with gorgeous pictures, lists our products and services proudly and maybe even has some amazing graphics. But if we think about how we come into contact with different brands as consumers, we’ll find that a lot of the discovery process begins with social media.
There’s many ways we discover businesses online. We see something shared on Facebook by a friend and click on the page to check it out. Or maybe it was an ad that caught our attention and we want to see if the company is legit.
Once on the page, we’ll scroll through their photos, check out how many fans they have and if people are actually commenting on their posts, and scan their about me for their website link. And then, we click over to the website if their social media profile has passed the test.
Having an optimized social media profile is critical to conveying the right message that you’re trying to get through to your prospects and customers.
And worse yet, many businesses think they put all the right things here. They copy and paste their mission statement, put a link to their website – they basically check all the boxes and move on.
But there’s a way few simple changes you can make to your Facebook profile to convey your true message, connect to your audience and most importantly – get new leads and buyers who actually take action instead of just curious Facebook scrollers clicking around.
Here’s how to optimize your Facebook profile for buyers:
- Update Your Username – this will help you show up first when people search for you. Choose something close to your business name for best results.
- Post a clear profile picture – if you’re doing a public person page, this should be YOU. If it’s a business, use your logo. This helps create brand recognition.
- Update your cover photo – If this doesn’t have a call-to-action on it for your latest opt-in, promotion or sale, you’re missing a HUGE opportunity. This is the FIRST thing people see when they come to your page so use this space to present them with your irresistible offer.*Important note – make sure this looks good on mobile by putting the button and the text in the middle. Although some people will see it on their desktop, most people will come to your page by scrolling through on their phone so you won’t want your call-to-action to be cut off.
- Pick the RIGHT button – what do you want your prospect to do? Book a call? Send a message? Learn more? This button is located right underneath the cover photo so make sure it says something that’s consistent with what you want them to do next.
- Jazz up your about me – address your target audience and their problem, state who you are, what you do, how you can help them and why you’re qualified. End with a strong call to action that points to your current offer.
- Add to “our story” – this is a newer update where you can add an extended “about me” with graphics, images, links and more. Tell them who are you and how you can help and the best way they can take action to get that help right now.
- Make it clear what your audience’s next steps should be – your page should be consistent. Having one clear path from prospect to buyer not only simplifies things on your end, but makes it easier for your customer to know what to do next. If your best opt-in is a FREE Checklist, make sure it’s on your cover photo, your about me, our story section, and as a call to action in some of your daily posts.
Optimizing your Facebook profile is one of the easiest ways to start bringing in new clients organically, guiding them from a stranger to a lead to a buyer.
Need help creating a profile that effortlessly converts curious prospects into paying customers, client and patients? Discover how we do this for you in your FREE ROI Strategy Session with Claire, our Director of Client Strategy, by clicking here.